Everybody loves a hug! That wrap around feeling you get when you feel loved, warm and glowing inside is second to none. As a workshop leader in fitness, wellbeing, dance, sport or team building you too can facilitate this with some simple feel good stretches to help open the heart. Use to either open or close your session depending on your specific workshop objectives. Trust me, your clients (young or old) will love it and when they leave feeling on a total high they are more likely to chat to their friends and family about your class which in turn will yield more clients for you so it's a win win all round!
Here are my top 3:
Cat - Cow Open Heart Yoga Stretch
- From all fours, make sure that your hips are stacked directly above your knees and shoulders are stacked directly above your wrists.
- Knees and feet are hip distance apart. Wrists are shoulder distance apart.
- Fingers are spread and connected with the floor.
- Come into Cat pose (image 1) on an exhale.
- Come into Cow pose (image 2) on an inhale.
- Yogi's claim this stretch opens up the heart leaving you feeling happy and glowing.
Supine Circular Self- Hugs
- This exercise feels amazing for your heart and your lower back.
- Lying on your back, cuddle your knees up to your chest.
- Keeping your lower back on the floor, circle your knees in one direction a few times and then change direction.
- Keep circles small.
- Don't forget to keep your chin down so your neck is straight.
Buddy Up Challenge
- Find a partner and sit on the floor opposite them with your feet as wide as possible.
- One person's feet go on the inside, the others stay on the outside.
- The person who has their feet on the inside gentle pulls the other person towards them.
- Hold for 30 seconds then switch positions and repeat above.
- Fantastic for building trust and flexibility.
- Warning....usually ends up in a fit full of giggles!